Friday, April 17, 2009

Zachary's Non-Fiction Debut

Zachary loves writing books. We have a library full of books that he has written and illustrated and they are priceless. Today he came home from school and shared with me the book that he wrote during kindergarten literacy centers and later read outloud to his classmates and teacher. And, by the way, the two chapters are based on two different occasions, both of which actually happened the way he described.

Typed exactly as it was written...

A Skwurol Came In and Jumped
By Zachary

Contents
1...a Skworal Jumped
2....Came In
3...The End

Chapter 1
A Skwural Jumped
Once upon a time we were going to take a walk. And a skwural jumped on my moms neck! She was skared. The skwural went in to the living room! Skwural went out the house and mom freeked out! She loked the door and I was out side wen the door was loked! and then I freeked out! She let me in. She was still freeked out!


Chapter 2:
Came in
I was outside and I came in and my mom went upstairs. I choosed to draw and right. The skworal came in and I didn't now. I herd a sond I thought it was mom. I was rong! It was Mr. Bad Skworal! It came inside wen I was there by myself. I saw it. I skriemed! my mom asked if I was ok. I was.
The End!

1 comments:

Robin said...

This made my night. What an author. :)