Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Works For Me Wednesday: Projects

One thing I love doing is taking old furniture and making it look like new. My mom had 2 neat, old nightstands that belonged to my great-grandparents and I was excited to take them off her hands. It's so easy to get a new piece of furniture for just the price of paint.

Before:


I originally painted this (and replaced new knobs) to use in Zachary's new room, but then later decided not to use it.
This nightstand is in our family room now and I think it's my new favorite piece of furniture. I spray painted the original antique knobs using white spray paint. Aren't they cool looking?!
This old junky drawer set was part of Jay and Suz's old kitchen!
Painted up brown with the original pulls spray painted, it works perfectly for Zachary's new room.


2 comments:

Jane Anne said...

I have a couple of friends here in Oregon that are enjoying repurposing things by repainting them with spray paint. It amazes me how different items can look with a different color of paint. I love what you did with your furniture!

The Glasses said...

Wow Jenny, those chests look so good...you are very creative. Good work..you must stay very busy..